Hey! Wake up! That’s our message to ourselves tomorrow morning. Why? Because we don’t want to miss a minute of Global Wellness Day!
Haven’t heard of this annual event? It began as an initiative in Turkey back in 2012. The founder of Global Wellness Day, Belgin Aksoy, decided to unite everyone with the common goal of living whole lives to their best. And tomorrow, 30 countries will be joining together to do just that.
The slogan for this international day dedicated to living well: “One day can change your whole life.”
The point of Global Wellness Day is to observe the value of our lives through self-discovery. A good starting point to achieving inner peace is escaping the stress of day-to-day life. Various organizations participating in Global Wellness Day are assisting in this journey by offering tools to pave the way such as exercise, healthy eating and spiritual practices, like meditation.
Per Global Wellness Day’s website, the main aims of the day are:
- To recognize the value of our lives
- To pause and think, even if for just one day of the year
- To be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits
- To make peace with ourselves
- To raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not just for today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year
Don’t know of any Global Wellness events in your area. Here’s a great do-it-yourself way to get started:
To learn more about Global Wellness Day visit http://www.globalwellnessday.org.