It’s June 21: the Summer Solstice, the first day of Summer and the season to bare skin. With the start of summer, emails and social feeds will be inundated with every product needed for a “hot girl summer.” Yes, unfortunately, this term still exists, but not on this blog. This is your friendly reminder that all you need to bare skin is to love the skin you’re in – literally and figuratively. Follow this rotation daily to maintain healthy, natural radiant skin all summer long.
- Hydrate: Water ensures the body and the skin, its largest organ, is hydrated and refreshed. It’s important to increase your water intake during the hot summer months and why it’s first on this list.
- Detox: Dry brush to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores and eliminate toxins from the skin. Reveal brighter, glowing skin
- Cleanse: Be sure to wash your face and body to remove dirt, debris, daily pollution and other particles that can clog our pores and make skin appear duller.
- Exfoliate: Summer dryness can be more noticeable than winter flakiness. A regular skin exfoliation routine helps reduce build-up of dead skin, sunblock and sweat.
- Protect and Moisturize: Protect your skin from harmful sunrays by wearing sunscreen on your face and body daily and be sure to reapply with increased sun exposure. In the evening, lather your body in your favorite moisturizer, especially important after a day in the sun as excessive heat can dehydrate the skin.
- Sleep: Your body repairs and recovers itself while you sleep, and this impacts our skin as well. When you skimp on sleep, your skin can look dull and drab.
- Repeat daily to love the skin you’re in and have an amazing summer.